Taking care of the teeth is like taking care of the health as well that is why many are now availing for dental grants where it is like a dental insurance that they shoulder the expenses of the dental care if one applied and is qualified. Through dental grants, people can now receive dental care without having to worry about the financial expenses because the grants cover the cost of fillings, root canals, braces and other dental care procedures depending on the choice of the person or the award provided by the grant. With the rising prices of dental care, consumers that need regular cleaning and maintenance care can now continue the treatment with dental grants on hand.
3 Main Types of Dental Grants
Dental grants have three types or level;
1) Level 1 is a grant that covers only regular maintenance and preventive procedures like dental cleanings while,
2) Level 2 covers minor dental procedure like root canals and fillings.
3) In Level 3, the more expensive and more extensive dental treatments are covered though it is limited and requires the person to follow with the specific terms and conditions.Basically Level 3 does not cover the entire cost of the procedure but only a portion of it.
4) There is also a spet grant offered for specialized procedures like getting braces or undergoing whitening procedure of the teeth.
Sources of Dental Grants
Dental grants could either be acquired from the following:
- Employer – Some employers offer medical and dental grant as an incentive for their employees.
- Government – Grants for dental care offered by the government are for poor families with low income who can’t afford to have a dental care that is why they are now providing free dental care to uphold better dental health. This grant is either offered individually or family grants. Children under 18 can avail dental grants from InsureKidsnow.gov program
- Private Organizations – Many private sectors are offering charity works that includes medical and dental missions. Though there are many charity works nowadays, people need to meet the requirements as well in order to be qualified for the free dental grants. Each year, the Delta Dental Foundation provides financial support through its Brighter Futures Community Grant program to various community organizations.
- Health Groups – Various community health groups also offer dental grants and medical mission like the private sectors but the standards and requirements vary because sometimes they target and focus on the people residing in their community as for the private sectors they go to different areas with low income families.
How to Avail Dental Grants
Dental grants are not usually offered to individuals but to the community health groups or private sectors so make sure that you have inquired your community health care program about the dental services they offer. Asking for the dental services is important because every program may offer different set of offers.
When you made an appointment make sure that you brought the necessary proof to be shown in order to avail the grants offered. Usually proof of income is needed and a document stating that you are living in the community. Sometimes they also require copy of receipts.
Real Life – Dental Grant Video
When you show up for the appointment, you would be asked to fill out an application form in order for you to be able to avail the free services for Dental Grants.
Not Seeing what you are searching for? Try our search box..