HELP FOR SINGLE MOTHERS IN WASHINGTON
Washington State has several aid programs to offer to the needy families living in its state to provide help for single mothers in Washington. Many of these programs are designed to give them the support that they need in order to properly care their children and afford them the basic things they need and experience a healthy and happy childhood.
Resources and programs help for single mothers in Washington
Childcare Program for Single Mothers
In Washington, parents who work or under training for work which is approved by the Department of Social and Human Services program are afforded help in paying for quality childcare through the Working Connections Child Care Program. Parents can avail quality childcare in a licensed center, any family’s home, or the child’s own home, as long as the childcare provider is being approved by the said program. This is a great help for single mothers in Washington in that it allows them the chance to avail of the childcare service and at the same time keep a good job for their family’s needs.
Healthcare Program – Financial assistance for single mothers
This is also a one great help for single mothers in Washington for they can turn to the state for help with health coverage if they are not getting insurance from their employers.
– Medicaid through the Healthy Options program which covers the entire family is for the families who are financially eligible for the said program.
– The uninsured and under insured children are also provided with health coverage through the state’s health insurance program for children.
– And for those who cannot avail of the Medicaid, they can get health coverage through the Washington State Health Insurance Pool, an independent and non-profit health plan designed and especially created for people who are denied health coverage elsewhere.
Food and Supplies – Help for single mothers in Washington
Quality and healthy food on the table is every parent’s wish, especially for single mothers who take care of everything. And to always afford food and supplies for the family, help for single mothers in Washington in the form of several support and through several state programs are offered.
– For urgent and temporary need, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is giving cash benefits.
b) For single mothers who need assistance to buy grocery needs, the Washington Basic Food Program is there to help pay for the healthy food.
c) The WIC is also offered to afford vouchers for some food like bottles of milk, several trays of eggs and cheese.
Transportation Help for Single Mothers in Washington
a) Washington state counties also have public transportation options wherein single mothers can take advantage of to get around the town and go places like their workplace or to school.
b) The list of these options can be viewed at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Transit/.
c) Just in case these do not seem to be viable to you, and you do not own a vehicle, you can opt for carpooling and arrange with some co-workers, friends or neighbors. You only have to arrange for some gas money sharing or for pre-arranged services for that matter.
Rent Assistance Programs for Single mothers in Washington
The State of Washington also offers several rent assistance programs as help for single mothers in Washington and all low-income families.
1) To avail of these assistance programs, these single mothers must qualify with the income eligibility set by the organizers which is based on the location where they live.
2) The Housing Division of the Department of Commerce funded these programs that are being offered to single mothers and all low-income families.
3) To read more about housing, click housing assistance
College Grants for single mothers in Washington
In deciding to head back to school, single mothers need financial assistance.
1) The first thing that single mothers should do is file the FAFSA to avail of federal aid.
2) Then consider a talk to the financial aid department of your chosen school and know the different grants and scholarship offers that you might be eligible for.
3) Then apply for the college grants for single mothers mentioned in the link.
Always know that help for single mothers in Washington is available for you and for your child.
Not Seeing what you are searching for? Try our search box..