HELP FOR SINGLE MOTHERS IN Illinois
Life in Illinois is quite a comfort just like in any other State in Lincoln’s land. But it wouldn’t be if you are living there trying to raise your children alone with less or no income at all. Yet, even in this situation, you as a single mom, will not feel much of the hardship as help for single mothers in Illinois is made possible with the various programs set by the government for you. You should be very fortunate to have the following assistance:
Assistance and State’s Help for single mothers in Illinois
Educational Grants for single mothers in Illinois
Illinois recognizes the need of single moms to go back to school and finish a degree to better their lives. It further recognizes online education as the easiest tool for these single moms. And as a help for the single mothers in Illinois, the State offers available programs to send them back to school.
1) You can start by filing the FAFSA and talking your way for some financial aids. Do not forget to check out school scholarships that may be offered.
2) Check your school financial aid office.
3) Also apply for the college grants for single mothers mentioned in the link.
Childcare assistance are extended to needy families in Illinois, and this includes you if you have the need to be aided in taking care of your children while you are at work, or in school. This Child Care Assistance Program spearheaded by the Illinois Department of Human Services is offered as a help for single mother in Illinois and is based on income earned by the family. Just in case you do not qualify in this program, consider the help of another family or relative who can give you shifts to share some childcare duties.
Healthcare Programs in Illinois
Understandably, you will have difficulty in taking medical coverage for your children if you if your income is low.
1) And for this, you may take advantage of the Medicaid Program afforded by the state as a help for single mothers in Illinois. A visit in http://www.hfs.illinois.gov/ will equip you with ideas on this Medicaid program of the government.
2) You are given coverage by the Family Care program which includes dental and vision, being the prime caregivers of children 18 years or younger.
3) And one good advantage being in Illinois is the fact that every child who are not covered with full insurance are covered with one by the AllKids program irrespective of their parent’s income. Thus, to know and avail of this coverage, a visit to www.allkids.com should be made.
Rent Assistance for single mothers in Illinois
Paying for rent is provided by the Illinois Housing Development Authority by the use of the Rental Housing Support Program. Subsidized rent apartments or homes are being offered to needy families. Aside from this, it also offers Section 8 housing option which is one help for single mothers in Illinois.
A visit in this site http://www.ihda.org/ is advisable in order to avail of this program.
To read more about housing, click housing assistance
Food and Supplies- State Assistance and Help for single mothers in Illinois
1) Illinois has expected that single moms in their State do struggle to be able to buy foods that are healthy for their children. Hence, as a help for single mothers in Illinois, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is made for them and to all the needy families, although eligibility is solely based on the size of the family in relation to its income.
2) This program is being awarded using the Illinois Lind System which has cash assistance in the form of a debit card generated electronically to the very needy families.
3) Illinois has also the WIC program which covers food supplies to families who are having young children and to those pregnant women.
Transportation Facilities – State Assistance in Illinois
Usually in Illinois, moms who are qualified to avail the WIC program also avails transportation assistance. The cities in the State of Illinois always operates affordable system for public transportation and offering single mothers reliable ways and means to arrive at their workplace and come back home.
Always think that help for single mothers in Illinois are available for you and for your child.
Not Seeing what you are searching for? Try our search box..