These 10 ways to combat Ohio Unemployment will help you resolve your problems, which have become serious issues for numerous residents of this state. Just recently, according to a research from the Northeast Ohio economic data, Ohio has unfortunately lost 21,700 jobs in March this year (2013). Therefore, in the next month (April) the job opportunity had increased in approximate 7,600 only. This situation has turned out to be very alarming for a large number of populations in Ohio, but as what they say: every problem has a solution. That is why to help reduce the anxiety, below are the 10 ways to combat Ohio unemployment status and restore oneself from this dilemma.
- First of all, for an individual who lost his job, the primary thing that he or she must have in mind is to recover from the dilemma and find another job again. It’s time to connect to your network. Look for the people whom you think can help you find another job. You can send emails or make some calls to ask for their assistance for your concern. Who knows, somewhere down the line there’s someone who can point you towards your new career path.
- Think about a career change if necessary especially if layoffs are out of control in your area of expertise. Maybe you want to reflect on making a transformation to an in-demand field of Ohio employment or at least secure.
- Why don’t you consider taking a part-time job or temporary job? This can be more helpful rather than staying at home that might lead you to depression and negativity. Although part-time or temporary job might not bestow you the same amount of salary that you had before, but to the least you are still earning money to help pay your monthly bills. You can stay in this situation, but at the same time you can start looking for the job position that you really desire and fits for you.
- You can take time to dig deeper and spruce up your abilities and skills. Discover what talents are extremely valuable to current employers.
- Reduce your expenses immediately. Maybe it’s time for you to cancel some of your unnecessary home services such as phone or cable service. Always distinguish where your money goes. It’s beneficial to address your utilities like turning off the light if you leave the room or save water by investing a shower-reduction kit.
- If you are incapable to uphold your credit card minimum payment, you can inquire regarding a hardship program. There are companies that offer deferment of credit card interest payments within a period for recently unemployed Ohio employees, and will frequently suspend the interest accrued for the duration of this period; otherwise, reduce the percentage until you get another new job. You can contact them and discuss the matter pleasantly.
- You can look for career coaches who are specialized in assessing and facilitating your interest and skills. They can help you produce great resume and cover letter to attract prospective employers in line to the job position you desire. Career coaches are knowledgeable enough to guide you in modifying your career from your existing field to another and get you a job.
- Maintain your self-discipline. This involves waking up early and still be persistent to find a job even if it takes for a long term now.
- Act promptly and don’t get depressed. Look for any assistance you can possibly get them when you are unemployed. After all this is not a dishonorable thing. It will only become that way if you quit rather than coping up and changing the situation.
- You can ask for government assistance in the meantime by submitting an application for unemployment benefits. The employees who lost their job are assisted during their complicated transition period. They can help you with your unemployment compensation, cash assistance, health care, child care, food assistance, child support enforcement, employment and training assistance, and administration while looking for a new job. They also provide the latest information regarding the unemployment benefits to different states including Ohio; however, the financial aid is not intended to restore the earnings you lost. Just make sure that you eligible in the requirements needed.
To avoid and minimize increasing the rate of Ohio unemployment:
Employment status is not stable even in other places in the world. Unemployment, whether it’s your choice or not can be a gigantic challenge for every person who used to work consistently for many years, but being part of this “rat race” turns to be normal. If you are not dealing with it right, and you don’t have any idea about 10 ways to combat Ohio unemployment, you are the one who’s sorry. Undergoing unemployment can be life’s severe challenges that can cause depression. The world is on its serious economic downfall through the previous few decades. It became ruthless to people from around the world that even hit the developed nations. That economic despair causes price increases that really made people way of living hopeless if you, yourself, will not compete for it.
Not Seeing what you are searching for? Try our search box..